Saturday, December 13, 2008

Manzanita

My first restaurant "review" blog will be of this absolutely wonderful vegan macrobiotic place: Manzanita which is at 40th and Linden in Emeryville. It's not new ,it's been around for 30 years.

It was the celebration of my friend Shivani's birthday, she works here.

The food was great, flavorful, balanced. This is the definition of a solid meal. I think Macrobiotics is probably the way to go... although I don't really know a thing about macrobiotics. Everyone at the restaurant had a very healthy glow to them. The menu changes every day, and is always fixed. I so dig the style.

In addition to the menu below, Shivani made vegan chocolate and carrots cakes that were beautifully decorated with walnuts, flowers, pomegranate, and one frosted mini wheat.

Saturday Dinner
December 13th, 2008

In the Kitchen: Tienzen
In the Dining Room: Carla

Full Meal ... $13.75
Moderate Meal ... $11.75

Choice between: The Varietal Salad and Lemon-Mustard Dressing
or Squash-Kombu Miso Soup

Mixed Grain Brown Rice
Garbanzo Bean w/ Onion, Garlic, & Dulse
Baked Turnip, Carrot, Beet, & Cabbage w/ Tahini, Sage, & Thyme
Steamed Kale w/ Cashew, Pumpkin, Parsley, & Cilantro Sauce


I think it's time to re-evaluate my diet...

No comments: